The Binder Holdco Ltd companies (Raymond Brown Group) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1.0 Information About Us
The Binder Holdco Ltd, Registered in England and Wales under company number 10201448 and registered address:
125 Winchester Road
For any data related concerns please address communications to:
Data Protection Officer
Binder Holdco Ltd
125 Winchester Road
2.0 What Does This Notice Cover?
This privacy information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3.0 What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information, such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use on this site including, online ordering, is set out in Part 5.0, below.
4.0 What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. you can request that we delete, shred, or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have retained.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to our using your personal data for a particular purpose.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5.0 What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to which of our services you use):
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
6.0 How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for one of the following purposes:
- Returning a contact request.
- Job applications.
- Supplying products.
- Allowing you to manage your account.
- Communicating with you regarding the supply of products/orders.
- Supplying you with any data as part of a data access request.
- Sending marketing material (where you have opted to receive such information, though you can unsubscribe or retract permission at any time).
- Obtaining feedback.
Within our websites, there are locations where you have the option to agree to join mailing lists, you can unsubscribe from these at any stage or you can request removal from out mailing list by getting in touch with our Data Protection Officer.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with any and all obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7.0 How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Contact request submission data will be held for a period no greater than three months.
- Skip hire data will be held for a rolling period of two years from when you last placed an order or logged into your user area.
- Job applications will be held until the end of the recruitment process.
- Desensitised/sanitised (removal of your personal data) financial data about orders will be held for a period of six years from the end of the current financial year, as is legally required.
8.0 How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to us and we will always strive to protect it. We take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Secure data transfer and storage.
- Secure and restricted access to customer data.
- Secure paper record shredding and digital data removal.
9.0 Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to two important exceptions.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are ever involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
After placing an order, you may be contacted by us to request feedback on our services.
10.0 How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can contact our Data Protection Officer for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Section 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests), a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month from the date the request is received. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request.
11.0 How Do I Contact You?
To contact our Data Protection Officer about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Data Protection Officer
Binder Holdco Ltd
125 Winchester Road
To order products online, you need to have cookies enabled – see the section on Managing Cookies within your browser. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you will still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing Cookies for help on how to turn them on, should you need to.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (1) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (2) to disable existing cookies; or (3) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, please be aware that if you disable or reject cookies, some features and services on our sites may not work properly because we may not be able to recognise and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer. We do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create.
- Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services which track this information on our behalf.
- We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), or other third-party identifiers together, to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in popular web browsing software:
13.0 Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google Adwords Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google Adwords.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
15.0 Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes will be made available via this page on the website, so please check back regularly, we will always start this document with the last update date.