Design, oversee build and commission new sites to the highest standards within budget and on time utilising the latest cost effective technologies available. Identify Opportunities to improve existing sites’ financial performance through productivity and mechanical performance.
- Driving successful project delivery, working alongside the operations team, establishing and coordinating the projects, carrying out mechanical design works and ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Complete mechanical designs and develop specifications for internal and external equipment required for each project.
- Specify job requirements, parts and materials needed to enable projects to be scoped for tender and on-site delivery.
- Working as part of the operational team with regular visits to site troubleshooting, checking and managing potential and live projects.
- Manage all elements of the project delivery from initial site surveys, proposal preparations through to handover. This includes costings, proposals, specifications, ordering, fault finding, testing and commissioning.
- Collaborate with operational teams to maintain profitability and efficient methods of working
- Survey Mechanical systems and plans.
- Develop and manage project budgets and programmes
- Compliance with NICEIC requirements.
- Any other duties as required.
Delivery & Development of New Projects:
Take an active role in the specification, development and delivery of new and upgrade projects for Fortis.
- Proactively manage relevant aspects of the project during the construction phase and ensure that all members of the team are aware of the project objectives and their own responsibilities.
- Ensure that the project is properly planned and resourced to ensure it is safe, profitable and timely delivered.
- Ensure that all costs are properly managed and that all resources are effectively and efficiently controlled.
Support Other Parts of the Business with Projects as Required:
- Provide necessary information and guidance to operatives and sub-contractors to enable them to work accurately, promptly and safely.
- Support operations staff with specific production issues to resolve.
- Prepare, in partnership with others, budgets, costs reports and forecasts.
Health, Safety, Environmental & Legislation:
- Review, record and report the progress and quality of work on projects to ensure that they meet the specification and requirements.
- Monitor and manage on foreseeable risks associated with the project.
- Undertake CPD to ensure that knowledge is current and relevant.
- Ensure that all legal requirements and company procedures are adhered to and seek to improve safety and a positive safety culture.
Representing the Company:
- Represent and promote the company in a professional manner.
To be considered for this position candidates will be expected to have a background working in a site-based Mechanical Engineer or Project Engineer position with an engineering qualification to degree level (or equivalent) to back it up.
Candidates should have strong CAD knowledge as well as demonstrable success delivering projects and a proven track record working directly on project designs and coordination.
Due to a high level of travel to various sites throughout this role, candidates must hold a valid full UK driving licence and be flexible in their working hours.