An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental (HSQE) department for a Health & Safety Advisor in our Quarries and IBA divisions. The position will monitor and advise on the company’s Health & Safety activities ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, uphold the company’s HSQE accreditations, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practice across our sites in the South of England.
The role will primarily be maintaining a strong health & safety culture within our Quarry Products company, managing 3 sites across the South of England, but will give additional support to our other companies with compliance and auditing.
- To ensure that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health & Safety legislation, procedures and company policies.
- To carry out internal audits of the H&S management system, and undertake site inspections.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses. Then subsequently, assist in effectively implementing recommendations and improvements to address root causes.
- Promote a positive health & safety culture and provide competent and practicable assistance to personnel.
- Provide reports (including monthly KPIs) and data on Health and Safety performance for the HSQE Manager.
- Support maintenance of and improve the ISO 45001 certification.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in a similar role and ideally industry (quarries and/or IBA).
- Previous experience of conducting internal audits.
- Previous experience of accreditation (ISO) audits.
- Hold a Health & Safety qualification – NEBOSH General or equivalent.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient on a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarisation with quality management systems would be an advantage.
- Clean driving licence.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position we would like to hear from you, please send your CV to RBPersonnel@raymondbrown.co.uk.