Fortis IBA has an opportunity for an operational leader to join the Group. The role will allow the successful individual to develop their general management experience within a leader in the circular economy.
The Group is a leading processor of Incinerator Bottom Ash (IBA) from Energy from Waste (EfW) facilities in the UK, playing a vital role in helping preserve the world’s resources by extracting metals for smelting and producing quality recycled aggregates for the construction industry.
Fortis IBA operates several sites across the South of England which are strategically located to service current and future EfWs. The business has ambitious growth plans and is looking to appoint a General Manager for its new South East operation with opportunities to progress further within the business.
A new facility is under construction at Ridham Dock in Kent which will utilise the latest technology and be able to process up to 400kt of IBA per year. Commissioning of the new facility is expected in June this year and it will be both the largest and most profitable in the Group. The General Manager will be in position for the commissioning of the new facility enabling them to take responsibility for the operations from the outset. They will work with the leadership team to deliver a successful operation at the Group’s new flagship site.
The role will be based at Ridham Dock, Kent and will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leadership and management of the new processing facility
- Responsibility for site financial performance including P&L, forecasting and CAPEX
- Ensuring compliance with HSQE policies and procedures
- Team leadership and development
- Maximising plant performance and metal recoveries
- Delivery of production targets
- Delivering operational efficiency and improvements
- Ensuring products meet quality specifications
- Maintaining relationships with EfW customers and aggregate marketing partners
- Board reporting
Key experience and attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Management of an operational facility with similar processing characteristics
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- A record of delivering operational and financial performance
- Strong H&S record with an understanding of relevant legislation and best practice
- Proven leadership skills and team development
- Ability to manage relationships with clients, customers and across the wider business
- Creative thinker who delivers improvements in operational performance
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise
- We will also upskill and provide any necessary training for the successful applicant if it is required.
A competitive salary will be offered based on the candidate’s experience and to reflect the importance of this role within the business.